Friday, May 13, 2011

Josh's Rocks - Part 1



Hello, I’m Josh and I am starting a rock and mineral collection.  I’ll keep the blog updated every 4th week or so on how I’m doing.  I don’t have much to write about this week, since I don’t know much about my rocks yet.  The state I live in is a great source for fossils but not really for minerals.  So, sooner or later, I hope to go on trips further away.  I will also learn about our local rocks and fossils.  Here are a few specimens that I own right now.  Some of them I have found, and others I have purchased.

(Top Left: Quartz formation;  Top Right: Quartz and Calcite Geode; Bottom Left: Gypsum)

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. I look forward to hearing about how you added to your collection.
    Mrs. Boerner

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we get a trip to the Geology Department at University of Cincinnati booked, I am so calling you to come with us. And E.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete